Tuesday, June 13, 2017

The following couple months

Lake Poway where we hiked for the first time
After our first date, we started to see each other every weekend. A pizza slice place, a cute bistro, a romantic dinner by candlelight, a cozy and snuggle movie at home, a hike by the lake, a trip to the movies, a dinner with friends at a Brazilian restaurant. Our weekends were really amazing, romantic and happy. We enjoyed every second we could.
Things started to get more serious. I went to his gig and met his family. I was so nervous. I am Brazilian. English isn't my first language. I was so afraid they wouldn't understand me or think that I was rude or something. I really wanted to make a good first impression. They were very sweet. His mom invited me to sleep at his house lol. At that point, we hadn't had anything more than kisses and touches. What a kiss btw.
Time passed and Christmas was knocking on the door.  I was going to spend the holidays with my friend and her brother in New York. I was a little upset that I wouldn't be able to start the year with him. You know, the kissing tradition. By a twist of fate, he was going to New York around the same time. His dad's family is actually from upstate New York and they try to go there every year. Also, his twin sister's boyfriend lives in Brooklin, so they were going to the city as well. I was so surprised that without any communication, we both would be in New York. However, that wasn't enough for me. I wanted to spend New Year's Eve with him. So, put the thought in the air and he invited me to go upstate and spend some days with him and his family. I was super happy but also worried because we hadn't spent a night together before.
View from outside of the cabin *-*
I got the train to Rochester and met him at the train station. Then, we went to the cabin his family was staying. OMG! The cabin was so cute and so romantic. It looked like a dream or like I was in a movie. Now, a tricky part comes: as soon as I got inside of the cabin, he said he needed to talk to me. "You have two options: You can sleep with me or you can sleep on the couch." - he said. The drummer was sleeping with him in his room. There were two beds, so that is he didn't give me the option to sleep in his bed. It would be awkward. So, I decided to sleep with him and the drummer would be in the bed next to us. I thought we wouldn't do anything. I was wrong. The drummer decided to sleep in the living room and we had the room to ourselves. We were kinda nervous about it. We lay in the bed and started to kiss. The rest, you can imagine. We both are adults and that would happen eventually. The only thing I have to say is OMG! He was so perfect! It looked like he had my manual because he knew exactly what I wanted.
Our first picture together also first pic of 2016
We exchanged Christmas card. We were going out for about 2 months and we agreed on no presents. I bought a silly cute card and he bought a really beautiful card where he wrote pretty things with his bad handwriting. We flew to the city and had lunch at this really cozy and cute Italian restaurant. There we talked about why he changed his mind about dating (He didn't want to date anyone. Neither did I.) and we officialize our dating status on Facebook haha

That trip to New York was magic. I was so happy with our relationship. I couldn't imagine that this was what would come next.

No comments:

Post a Comment